10.29.2009

it's that bad

i know it's bad when i have lists for my lists, and separate lists for those ones. for some reason (and i know exactly all of the reasons) fall is my busy time every year instead of christmas. don't get me wrong, christmas is busy, but that's how much worse my falls get. i don't even have a photography business and i still can't keep up on all the editing. then there's those two craft fairs back to back that i signed up for. as in friday night, and the next saturday morning. we also just had landen's sis and her fam in town (which was so fun and totally made me jealous of all those people who actually get to live by their siblings and cousins... someday). i won't bore you with other details, i'll just prove it with a picture. this is what my kitchen table looked like this morning.

Photobucket

i feel like it's a page from one of sophie's i spy books. it sums up most of my life right now. pumpkin carving kits, craft crap galore, ward halloween party projects, preschool leftovers, some mail, random folded towel that never got put away, shedded jewelry, probably lots of crumbs and sticky fingerprints, etc.
no i'm not ashamed, because i know someday i'll be blogging about my own craft room, wink wink.

so this is why i've vanished from blogging, but i have so many cute pictures to share and projects to finish, i'll get there. we're also right in the thick of the TERRIBLE twos. i'm just going to put this out there for those of you that have 2 1/2 year olds coming up... it gets SO MUCH WORSE than what you thought was bad. granted i don't have a 3 or 4 year old, or even teenagers (i know all of those can be bad) but lets just say i have to put myself in timeout everyday so i can have a breather and stop ripping my hair out. i just ordered two potty training books and a parenting book because there has got to be a way out of this madness! i'm sick of feeling like a failure in the parenting department. but so far this has really been helping with the "tv watching"...

Photobucket

she's figuring out how to earn things, finally.

i'm going to have to do a post-halloween post because there are just too many cute pictures and not enough hours in my day.

ok, off to another family shoot. here's our happy lil' punkin (who continues to be the most perfect, easy-going, best sleeper, best eater, squishy baby in the world).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

happy halloween!

ps... sophie just ate like 2 packs of gum in the car while i wasn't watching (yes it was my fault) what am i supposed to expect? a plugged up girl or something worse?

13 comments:

lmk1411 said...

Piper looks so cute!! Just to warn you, I always said that Brinley was my "angel baby". She would just lay there and hang out and sleep whenever but the problem is that she's turned from an independent baby into an independent mobile machine or terror! Honestly she's so much harder than Kylie and I don't remember ever saying she was good but I did. Ahhh!! Good luck, hopefully Piper will stay nice and chill, I guess I shouldn't tell you this while Sophie's being hard. They just trade off, it's hopeless :)

Liz said...

this really makes me miss our boston life. (ours as in yours and mine. you know it was pretty much the same thing) your messy table, fall busy-ness, terrible two's sticker charts, etc.

oh, and just so you know. yes, i do still have my pumpkin lights up BUT they are not in my front room now! that's what happens when you have a house but still not enough money to buy new decorations.

Melonius said...

sounds so familiar...that's why i say that i had to get a second one when i still thought i was a good mom. cuz i've been stuck at two for a while...

The Bevans said...

I don't think we helped at all with the amout of chaos! But we sure had fun! Thanks for hosting, tour guiding, feeding and entertaining us! No need to rush on our picture editing!

kami said...

you are busy!! good luck with your craft fairs. and good luck with the parenting! you're making me nervous for the terrible twos because i already feel like it's starting. good to know it gets worse :) i can be grateful for these days now. good luck with everything!!

Kate said...

Oh, Kristen. That little punkin made my day. I just want to scoop her up and cuddle her. (And can I just say I love that leg warmers have come back in style for babies? I about sneaked away with a leg warmer-bedecked baby from church a couple weeks ago.)

I will send all the wishes and hopes I have your way, with the hope (!) that you'll make it out of the craft cave not only alive, but happy. I'm blowing them your way . . .

Amber Bernard said...

Piper is too cute!

Amber Bernard said...

Piper is too cute!

Stephanie said...

Those were adorable pictures! Soooo cute!!!

Spencer and Amy said...

Piper is such a doll! I lover her outfit! Ya Hayden is almost 2 1/2 and he has such a little attitude! Aren't they such a blast? They definitely test you don't they? :)

Megan said...

Piper is so precious! It's nice to see other peoples dining room tables are overrun by craft projects! You've made me nervous about Kate in the coming months! I already see it getting worse! You'll have to post more tips! :)

Shaunel said...

Lovin' on the sticker chart. mi madre used them, and I use em' in my classroom at school. If only they worked as well as self-imposed time outs.

Kyle said...

Dear Kristen,

You and your friends make me not want to have kids.

Love,

Ky