12.23.2010

december haps

wow, thanks for the nice comments on the last post. sorry if i was making myself out to be some amazingly crafty lady. (and i really don't feel that way about myself, i just copy other really creative people!)

onto december! this post has pictures of my kids. gasp.
and it's looong. just warning you. (mom...)

this month we have...

rolled on the hill, picked out and decorated TWO trees (ok, one was fake and only 3 ft tall for the girl's room), watched lots of christmas movies complete with popcorn and blanket beds, written letters to santa, danced around with rudolph noses, read lots of books under the covers, painted nutcrackers, scrunched our hair, and this week... played in our first christmas snow of the season! we've also completed every single thing on our december daily list, painted with foam shapes, eaten way too many sweets, painted salt dough ornaments, and visited the north pole. not to mention, many other non-photo-taken activities. phew. and now i can breath.

and now a long documentation in pictures.

Photobucket

(notice the new, silly, cheesy face)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
it's pink. with purse in hand.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
yes, sophie's headboard is the underneath side of a card table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(whoever came up with that one was a genius. i'll cut out shapes for one hour if it will entertain them for days!)

Photobucket
(you bet it's filled with mom's toffee. yum. and look at that name writing!)

Photobucket

and not to add to the craft craziness or anything, but i forgot one. i was in need of more sacrament bag fillers, and this one did the trick. more bebes, what did you expect!?

Photobucket

clearly, sophie and piper. we like to make things obvious around here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

this has probably been my favorite december ever. first, i was surprised when landen had a two week christmas break. what!? where have i been? i didn't even ask? i'm obviously wrapped up in some crazy world. i love how excited the girls get about every little thing. they both scream "lights!" from the backseat for every.single.house. they see with lights on at night. sophie's reaction to everything these days is, "oh, that's very beautiful" and "wow, it's amazing!" they have fully absorbed every christmas thing i have thrown at them, religious and secular, and i love all of it. they give me just the right reaction i need this time of year. and somehow it makes everything that much more magical.


ok. i promise i'm done.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Melonius said...

it's all awesome. you're awesome. and those girls are stinkin cute.
and you can find a link to my tumblr on my blog under web favorites.

Jill said...

THANK YOU! Now I feel like I've been with you a bit over the holidays! Even though I'm so thankful you send me pictures every day! You spoil me! I love the little double beep my phone gives me when a new picture is coming! I'm like a kid in a candy store! YAY! It's a new pic of my girls! :) You're the best!

libby said...

awwww, so cute. can I say I almost cried when dj told me you're searching in portland for jobs? okay, that's a lie, an actual tear surfaced. then a few more. I'm REALLY sad. I guess the memorial day trips will have to live on... only not this year. baby jones will make its debut memorial day weekend, or thereabouts. so, maybe an august trip? or something? anyway, miss you lots. :)

Jessamy said...

Aaahhh... I can't wait for Christmas at home. Writing adorable letters to Santa, watching movies & eating popcorn (Piper actually watched a movie?). So cute! And whats that genius window activity you're talking about? I need to know!