12.22.2010

projectville

i know. i haven't been around much. the sad part is, i actually had most of my christmas shopping done before halloween (which i learned is a bad thing because then i keep finding a "little something" here and a "little something" there).

i started creating all these new projects for myself because i just can't deny the holiday spirit. seriously too fun.

so i'll share. to prove i haven't been a total flake.

i have loved teaching the girls the story of jesus' birth this year. loved. sophie finally gets it and piper now thinks every baby is "bebe jesus." we made these little mangers from our list. super simple and fun.

Photobucket

oh piper wanted to show her love.

Photobucket

i found these pillow covers here and decided i needed a pair for myself, and also one for my mom and mother-in-law. lovely.

Photobucket

yeah, i don't always show pictures of my apartment. partly because i'm honestly kind of over our college stuff (like our lovely covered couches from the side of the road in utah). too tiny of a space to cram too much stuff into. i'm looking forward to doing a giant purge in may! so some updated holiday pillows felt nice.

Photobucket

this little stack (plus about 500 more, it took way more than i thought it would) of circles that sophie help me cut...

Photobucket

turned into this cute tree! (thanks family circle magazine for tempting me to create another project for myself)

Photobucket

and my all time favorite project this month (mostly in hopes that my girls will love them as much as i do).
my friend jessamy found these cute little houses on etsy and i couldn't really pass it up. you know my "i can make that" attitude about everything, so i had to try. i made mine into a purse because both girls are fully obsessed with carrying around their "things" in their purses lately. sophie started it, and of course piper followed. another reason why i think they will love these on christmas morning.

Photobucket

piper got a cute little family (can you tell it's us!? ... and no this is not an announcement. pipe just loves "bebes")

Photobucket

and once i saw these i knew i had to make sophie's a "princess cottage." (and as i'm writing this i just realized i forgot to put tinkerbell's tulle wings on. too bad it's already wrapped...)

Photobucket

and she's slightly obsessed with pink. perfect.

Photobucket

time to go see what last minute projects i can come up with. i still have 48 hours right!? Ü

11 comments:

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, craft queen! Everything is so cute! I want to make that tree! And I wish I had girls to make the houses for, though I'm sure Caden would love a pink house. :)

Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!

Lauren vdH said...

Love them all! I totally am going to copy you and make a house for Claire. (I am always looking for toys she can play with at church!) Yet I will not copy you on the painting... you are way too talented! And do share how you got Sophie to cut perfect felt circles...or do you have some sweet tool that does it?

Tamsen said...

You are amazing! I always come up with new projects but unlike you I never actually seem to get them done:)

Nice work!

Liz said...

wow, super impressed. where's my girls? and you know i love the tree. maybe next year we can do it together;)

Krissi said...

Love it! all of it! the tree is beautiful, and those little people with puse houses? honestly, you are amazing!

libby said...

so cute. ugh. i will never be as crafty as you. seriously. I shouldn't even try. my favorite? well, I love them all, but that tree is so, SO cute!!

Kate said...

Too cute. You are an inspiration. ("The" inspiration?) I love how perfect everything turns out. Indicates your perfectionism. Love it.

Melonius said...

ok, i checked and yours are way cuter than the ones on etsy. and i am totally putting them in my tumblr.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

oh. my. gosh!! love those princess dolls! and that green felt tree! and everything! gorgeous.

Jill said...

You are the best mommy EVER!! The girls are going to LOVE the houses! You did a terrific job! Wonder where you got the perfectionism from..... and I LOVE my pillow!! :) Thank you! Liz, we will definitely make that tree next year! YAY!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE those! What an awesome idea. I'm totally going to have to make something like that for my boys.