7.27.2010

you know the ones

one of those days. and i think you can tell from the picture...
greasy hair - check.
yesterday's leftover make-up - check.
pajamas still on at 2 in the afternoon - check.
nothing to do (except i really have a hundred things to do) but take pictures of yourself with the self-timer - check.
at least i got the girls dressed right?

Photobucket
(kissing one of her sweet spots)

everyone else seemed to have joined the greasy hair club as well.

Photobucket

besides the greasy hair, i love her sparkly eyes. her nana always tells her that her eyes "sparkle" when she smiles. i think we got it.
(except it's much crisper NOT on the blog... arg.)

Photobucket

climbing in mom's reflectors can be fun too.
(can you find pipe above & below?)

Photobucket

or lining up your state quarters to see which ones are missing. with the help of some pennies stacked on top...

Photobucket

babies in jumpsuits are just their own kind of fun.

Photobucket

this is random, but notice what she's holding in her hand. a pickle & a pepper? for peter piper? just sayin...

Photobucket

you might be asking yourself, why don't they just go outside and play? landen started his externship yesterday and today was one of those days where we did not want to wake up and take him. wishing we had two cars for the next ten weeks. when your 15 strollers are in the back of the trunk that he has, and the parking lot is so muggy you can taste the air, rolling around in the AC doesn't seem so bad.

i only lost my temper like 12 times, which resulted in 12 time outs, a bunch of naps, movies, snacks, and obviously... picture taking. i have so many pictures to post and things i want to write about, but it usually comes back to the day to day. because really, i don't want to forget the greasy days either.

{and seriously... my pics are starting to bug. i put the original next to the blog and the sharpness is totally shot. i saved for web & devices as srgb... anyone know? ok i'm done complaining.}

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I am no help, but your pictures always look amazing to me. I LOVED this post. It made me feel better that I too lose my temper sometimes and I am not the only one. I don't blame you for staying indoors either. Sometimes you just need those kind of days!

Janssen said...

Oh, your little girls are just too cute. We love them!

Liz said...

oh, we know the ones...

Gretchen said...

Soph's eyes do sparkle. Nana's right about that. The smile is always worth waiting for just to see that twinkle. Oh and you with the pony and leftover makeup, that's me every third day.

kami said...

you just described my days perfectly! greasy hair? check. pajamas? check. leftover makeup? check. losing temper? check, check, check! hehe. oh i am so glad i'm not alone!

Jill said...

Bobo needs to come back and play again!!! :)

Stephanie said...

I feel for you. Those days are just necessary sometimes. We call them PJ days:) I've kind of come accustomed to only one car. Brett has it usually, but one day a week when I run errands. I hope my poor boys don't become hermits:)

Jaclyn said...

wow! every 1.5-2 hours?! How long did they keep that up??

Meredith said...

AMEN. I feel like amongst the greasy hair, messy house days are my best mothering moments. Obviously yours too.

Kate said...

I can't believe how big Sophie is. She looks like such a little girl in that reflector picture. Speaking of bittersweet . . .