7.23.2010

we've been playing

my mom left wednesday and we've been lost ever since. kind of just rolling around on the floor wondering what we're supposed to do now (kind of what we do best though).

Photobucket

we shopped, went to the park, the beach, the zoo, the outlets, and play-play-played. landen and i even snuck in a date night to see inception. woah. thanks mom.

Photobucket

they seriously ran my mom dry. or maybe it was the other way around.

Photobucket

every second was devoted to them. i'm always impressed with her energy. she makes me tired just watching.

Photobucket

i love them watching her entertain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this is the saddest story. but sophie was a little depressed when my mom had to leave. she rode with us to the airport but then wouldn't say bye to her. she just hid her head and wouldn't blow kisses or anything. she wouldn't talk about her the rest of the day, and when i asked if she had fun she'd just say, "nope."
the next morning my mom texted a picture of herself for sophie to see. she just held the phone and stared at it for a good 30 seconds and finally said really quiet, "i need her. i just need her." after that she finally admitted to having a good time. totally made my mom cry several times. so sad.

Photobucket


the girls (minus pipester who was sleeping). and clearly, i need a dye job. the lazy summer days are catching up with me.

Photobucket

thanks for spoiling us like crazy. come back soon please!

more pics later. after i'm done reorganizing (read: ransacking) my apartment. i'm so over 900 square feet.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Just think Kri, 10 months and counting till you kiss that small space goodbye! We miss you guys :)

Jamie Onken said...

I think I just cried reading that! Poor miss Sophie. I'll be back soon and we can fix your little dye issue.

Liz said...

i think i just cried too. what a good grandma! and in case you were wondering, you won't miss those 900 square feet in 10 months!

Jill said...

I know I just cried...again! I miss those girlies like CRAZY!!! We DID have so much fun! I've always had that much energy, Kri! But when it's divided by 4 little ones, then 4 teenagers, etc. it seems to get used up! But 2 sweet granddaughters who love to play, oh YEA!!! BTW I love the double chin pic!! THANKS! :) Hugs to everyone!

Cody said...

Oh my, what would we do without our moms?! I love the picture of Sophie be-jeweled and your mom just loving her to bits with her smile.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

That is probably the cutest thing any little person has ever said. I need her... I just need her. I love it.