2.01.2009

meanwhile...

and the winner is...


:: megan d.! ::


megan, let me know what you'd like from my shoppe and i'll send it to you!

and thanks everyone for all the fun "indoor" ideas. i've been feeling like i haven't been using my "creative juices" enough lately to have fun with sophie at home. there are so many activities and ideas out there to entertain a toddler using things you already have. i've had this book for awhile now...

Photobucket

which is an awesome resource for super easy things to do with a toddler. we've done a few (i think i have some on video i'll share later) so i went through today and marked more i want to do.


then there was the time i couldn't go to sleep at night until i made something crafty with my hands. i think most of you know how i thrive off of this concept. hence the hairbows, the scrapbooking, the sewing projects, the card-making, the whatever i can come up with.


Photobucket


i saw some cute finger puppets on etsy, and thought to myself, "$8 for ONE!? yeah right i'll just make them myself." and since i have felt in like every color of the rainbow it was a good saturday night project for me. i wish i could say i sewed them all cute, but my glue gun was sitting right there just begging to be plugged in. all in all, a nice sacrament meeting attention-getter.

and yes, i'll probably have more projects lined up for this week to keep the sophster busy!


meanwhile...


(completely random post i know)


we took a 5 second breather to take this pic this morning while getting ready for church. i know it's super blurry but i love what i'll remember from it. soph and i are always running around together in our tights on sunday morning. it's a girl thing...


(yes i have completely bowed legs. and i've only ridden a horse once in my life)

Photobucket



i talked to my mom on the phone tonight for quite awhile. i love those looong conversations! i want to take note of a few of my favorite "soph sayings" i was telling her about.

  • every time she does something she is proud of (like climbing on the ottoman from her pink stool...haha) we say, "you did it!" and she always replies with, "i did! i did!"
  • the way she pronounces "sn" words like snow or snap is our fav. the s comes out like she's blowing out her nose followed by the rest of the word. "blowing out her nose, nap!" (i'll get it on video sometime)
  • her owie tonight was said as "A-boo-boo, A-boo-boo"
  • she had her hand on my tummy tonight trying to feel "mommy's baby." but she doesn't hold her hand on there long enough so i have to do a "pretend" baby kick for her by pushing out my tummy fast. everytime it happens she pulls her hand off quick and her eyes get huge and her mouth falls wide open like, "ohhh!". i love the expression every time!
  • every day we pick up landen from apex, soph recognizes the building so she waits patiently for him to come out the front doors. when she sees him she always points and yells "a DAD!" we love seeing dad.

and a new accomplishment in sophie land. she finally played with the other kids on the slide by herself at the mcdonalds playland. this is huge.

6 comments:

Liz said...

i was wondering if you made those finger puppets. i am not surprised! they are really cute. hey, maybe tonight while we watch the bachelor i can make some finger puppets and you can crochet a hat?

oh, and i love the tights picture.

Krissi said...

love the sophie update and love the finger puppets!

libby said...

Those finger puppets are adorable! Those might have to be a project I take up some time... or maybe I'll pay you to make me some. So much easier. :)

Melonius said...

So how did you take the pic if your two hands were covered in puppets??? That just demonstrates further your photographic genius.
And, whatever, you do not have bowed legs!!

Megan said...

WOO-HOO! I never win anything!

I love those finger puppets! I think I'll try to make some myself! I can't believe someone wanted $8 a piece for them though! YIKES!

As for the clippies, there is no way I could chose one thing from your shoppe, everything is adorable. I think I'll just let you pick something out (after you close-something that didn't sell) and send it to me! I love surprises anyway! I don't know your email, so email me jasonandmegan@gmail.com and I will respond with my home address. Thanks!

Jill said...

Those are soooooo cute! I wonder where you got your craftiness? I know who you got those legs from!!! I too LOVE our long convos, they are the BEST! Love you tons! Mom