1.19.2009

alive and kickin'

Photobucket
so we're here. mostly alive. soph had this nasty cold all weekend. lots of terrible coughing, high fevers, and wiping noses. she finally started throwing up last night due to the coughing, which took me to a conversation with the on-call dr. benedryl did the trick, and today she was feeling much better. you can tell from the pics... lots of drumming, and being pulled around with the baby in her bed. we are super sick of being stuck inside from all this snow! snow snow go away!

Photobucket

Photobucket
so now i'm slightly starting to get a little of the soph-bug. i'm just going to pretend like everything is ok, drink lots of oj, take my vitamins, and hopefully it will all go away! especially because landen goes back to work tomorrow, and we've REALLY enjoyed having him here for 4 days!


speaking of alive and kickin'... i finally felt the baby move about 2 weeks ago! she is a crazy mover! even more than soph was, or maybe i just know what i'm feeling this time! i love it.

ok a couple [20 month!] soph moments i want to remember:
  • she's talking like MAD lately! repeating everything we say
  • her favorite saying today was "no dada" "no dada"
  • she has now officially jumped off the ottoman herself (this is huge for our girly-wussy girl)
  • she's getting really good at praying (folding her arms and closing her eyes "tight")
  • she wants to wear any and all of mom's jewelry and make-up
  • she finally gets NOT to pull the toilet paper off the roller, but insists on handing us one square at a time when we are going to the bathroom... thanks soph
  • when i ask her to go get her shoes she always seems to come out of her closet with a matching pair!
  • she's totally into wearing her scarf everytime we go out into the cold
  • she "loudly" whispers "peeees" and rubs her tummy hard when she really wants something
  • her pronunciation of soph is "so" and sophie is "so so"

and here's a fun little video from christmas eve day. our sweet girl.






...yes we've since cut the nasty mullet. ;)

7 comments:

Tamsen said...

I see that you're preparing your white elephant gift in that video. I saw it at Jennie's today and we had a good laugh over it again.
Cute pictures of Soph (as always:)

audrey said...

i love your posts : ) always make me happy. love that little soph.

so excited for your #2!!

Jennie said...

Go Soph! Rory just started daring to really jump off things this month as well....at 28 months. Hope you're all better soon!

Hina Schneider said...

Oh the video is super cute. I love how she rocks with you. Its so sweet.

libby said...

She's so cute!! I love the back and forth game! Hope you're all feeling better soon. Being sick is no fun.

Melonius said...

Oh, what pretty formula containers you have there! HA!

Monica said...

Hey girl I love looking at your blog!!! Your family is so dang cute!! I have to ask what program you use to make your pictures so vibrant!!! I love all of your pictures and I wish one day I could capture my family the way that you do. If you don't mind me asking how do you do it? I have always loved taking pictures but I don't know how to make the cool effects!!