8.05.2008

raw footage

sorry no raw footage of me... that would be quite scarry. mostly of the sophster.
quick update: surgery went really well. i've just been healing with my gauze pad on my nose and trying to get back up to par. i actually had no pain (until today...) because it was a sinus surgery. it's mostly been pressure and drainage. but i promise not to scare you with those gory details! i was feeling so good this morning, the flat iron and makeup even made it out of the cabinet for the first time in a week. i had my first post-op appointment and the dr. had to "clean me out." oh my gosh... i'm back to laying on the couch again. this time with some pain. i guess i'm going to have to do this a few more times for the next little while. i've just been a little frustrated because i'm really ready to get back to being wife/mom/friend/all of the above. and especially because landen went back to school this week so it's really back to me and soph! ok ok... enough whining. this is ALL we've captured on camera. and even though her little arm rolls are the only thing in focus, i LOVE the expressions she pulls. when did she get so old?

just after a long day with the piggy ponies...


my girlfriends have been so good to take care of me during all of this. so we decided to decorate their kids for fun in the process... don't they make the best clip models!?
ok and one more because i love her little chubby farmer's tan and left over pigtails! mmm...

and happy birthday to my daddy today!! we love you!

8 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

Well were glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are recovery very well. Sophie looks so cute in her pig tails. I can't wait to have my little girl so that i can dress her up and do all sorts of girly things with her.

Jaclyn said...

Kristen, so glad to hear you're recovering well. We're so excited to see you in a few weeks! Speaking of which, I know you guys will be super busy seeing family and doing wedding stuff while you're down here, so if the answer is no I COMPLETELY understand. But I just love your photography so much and was wondering if you might have an extra hour and the patience to take some family portraits for us while we have you in town? Again, I totally understand if you'd rather not. But after those other family portraits you took, I just had to ask. You're amazing!

The Bevans said...

Glad you're mostly surviving! What would we do without out great husbands, friends, and piggy tails!?

Cherisa said...

Way to go with the recovery! My mom's had extra hole drilled in her sinuses/face a few times because of all her infections so I'm hoping your surgery was a little tamer than that. Any bruising? Just don't rush yourself and let people take care of you for a while. You'll be back up to your normal pace before you know it so enjoy the couch while you can!

kami said...

i LOVE soph's little no-tooth smile. it cracks me up! i can't believe how mature she is looking. hope you get better soon!

Jill said...

Oh, my gosh!! I LOVE the piggy ponies . . . or should I say the remains of them. She does look older, OK Boston here I come! I miss you guys!

Liz said...

is your mom ACTUALLY coming to boston??!

Jill said...

Ha Ha Liz! Yes I am, I just don't have a date set yet! :)