7.30.2008

ode to the "b" fam

i got to take pictures for this cute fam in our ward. i became friends with "m" through our wonderful primary calling (*wink wink) and now they are moving in a week! we will definitely miss you guys! thanks for all the chatting/phone calls to keep me sane! here's a little sneak peak until i finish the rest of your pics. promise i'll be done soon!

besides collecting 18 mosquito bites (who would have thought at 9 in the morning!?) we had lots of fun playing on the beach! unfortunately it was the sunniest of sunny mornings, but we did our best!





and in other news... i'm getting nose surgery in the morning. my second to be exact. bleh. so my cute friends jennie & liz (you girls knew you were going to get blog time for this after all your hard work!) showed up at my back door today holding this sign up. and they must know me so well, because candy really does cure all ailments for me! including the yucky flu that i somehow came down with last night. here's to me getting out of my deathbed sometime soon! and no one else catching anything from me! love you girls!
which means i might be away for awhile. but who knows... i might be stuck in bed for who knows how long, and blogging might seem highly attractive considering the circumstances! also thanks to landen who has been the best husband/dad i could ever ask for. i won't even tell you all the things he has done for me... it might make all you wives jealous. he did make a quick run to get me tylenol and powdered donuts this morning though. sometimes that's all a girl needs to get better! ;) i'm gonna owe him BIG after this!

16 comments:

Melonius said...

You so Rock! Are you sure its the flu and not an overdose on mosquito venom?? {or whatever the heck they have...}
Can't wait for the rest!

Hina Schneider said...

Wish you well with your nose surgery and hope everything goes well even with recovery.

kami said...

how come you're having surgery? good luck! and okay you are for sure taking pictures of our family the next time we see you (like how i'm demanding your talents?)...those look awesome! you are seriously talented. oh and we are coming to nyc october 14-21...if you guys can make it there during that time that would totally rock!! good luck again!

Missletoe said...

Good luck with the operation! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Very cute B pics too!

Krissi said...

I am so out of the loop! I didn't even know! Good luck with everything, we'll be thinking about you.

KaLee said...

Dear friend, I miss you... I feel bad stalking you on here and not actually talking to you. I love you! Get well soon!

Melonius said...

Here's a little known fact about the picture of the boys-can you see the tiny fish he's holding?? He found it in the water. Oh, and there is also a feather in one of the other ones. See if you can find it.
And Kristen, know what I just thought of? Now you can tell people you got a nose job! he he

Lauren vdH said...

ohh kristen... are you having nose surgery because of all your sinus infections? I hope you get better soon and that the surgery goes well! Know that you are in our prayers.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh man, I feel like such a terrible friend. I hope you are doing okay!!! I'll keep you in my prayers!!
And can I just say you are amazingly talented!!!!!! Where do you come from?!? You just decide you want to do something and are always incredible at it!! Can I please fly you to Utah so you can take pictures for us--and teach me to have your eye.

allegra said...

nose surgery? good luck! ahh, that's scary but i'm sure everything will be fine. I'm so glad to hear your hubby is taking good care of you:)

the pictures turned out great of that darling family!! nice job. i love the texture/weathered look you did on one of those last ones.. i think it was b&w. you might have to tell me how you did that one day:)! i love her red hair.

Cherisa said...

Excellent pictures (of course, good looking subjects help, too)! You should really put together a portfolio and start making some money with these skills!

I had nasal surgery a few years back to correct a deviated septum (seriously, if I had plastic surgery I'd tell everyone) and it wasn't too bad. Having your nose packed with gauze is kind of icky but hopefully you're a quick healer!

The Bevans said...

Ditto Krissi. I found out from Lizzie about your surgery. Hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible! Call me when you are feeling up to it so we can coordinate the girls sashes. And love pictures you took of that family and Harvard. Ok I think i'm done now. Whew!

Jill said...

OK, I'm back from the "wilds" of YW Camp!! Whew! Great job with the pictures. I need some new ones of my Sophie. I miss her! I walked into the flip room and saw her little handprint that we did and about lost it. I'll have to head your way soon. Speedy recovery and thanks Landen for being the BEST!
Love Mom

Gretchen said...

I hope you're feeling better every hour. I had my nose pierced in younger years and it hurt so bad to talk. No mentioned that to me, that I'd be all Ariel like without a voice. Let me know if I can help at all. Classes start tomorrow. Poor Sad Us :(

karla said...

Wow, Kristen! You are one talented photographer!

Meredith said...

Seriously amazing pic's! You captured their personalities so well.
We're all rooting for you to get well soon! How sweet are your buds?! I love that sign so much, had to laugh.