so the last time i blogged i had a four year old, two year old and had just found out i was pregnant. now i have a five year old {kindergartener!}, three year old and baby girl #3 is due in exactly 100 days! yikes. i guess a lot can happen in 5 months. i wish i could say i had a good excuse, but mostly i was sick of blogging. it just wasn't working for me with crazy pregnancy sickness kicking in and feeling like my kids needed the good parts of me. honestly, it felt so good to not feel guilty for not posting every single picture i take. i'm not saying i'm back on the train, but i do miss being able to look back and see all the written details of our lives. instagram isn't exactly the same.
now about my kindergartener. i promise i'm not a cryer. even in pregnancy it takes a lot to make me tear up. and i thought i was ok with sophie taking this first big step in life, even if i had been dreading it her entire existence. i even made it through the whole first day without so much as a wet eye. but there was something about the first time she rode the bus on the second day... i lost it. she pretty much saw the bus coming and never looked back. first one in line, first one to march on, first one to not miss mom. ok maybe i made that last part up. you know i drove over to the school to stalk her getting off. i hid in between the parked cars in the parking lot to see her run off the bus with all her new friends like she knew exactly what she was doing. and then back in the car, the tears rolled. how did this happen? i still feel like she's the little girl screaming her guts out in nursery because she'd rather hang out with mom than play with kids and fun toys. i knew eventually she wouldn't need me for everything in life, i just didn't expect it to happen this fast and rip my heart out. but on the other end of it, i'm so proud of the girl she is growing up to be. she is obedient like no other, so incredibly honest and passionate, and loves learning. we sure do miss her every day, but i'm excited for the journey she has begun.
we also had a nice little family home evening, where landen gave the girls father's blessings. they both sat so still and were so mature about it. they loved it so much they asked if we could do it again the next night.
and now for a photo dump that will mostly only mean something to me someday. i love my soph.
can you tell who the silly sister is in our family?
such a big backpack on a tiny person
so big walking into school
apparently her school and i had the same idea with the sign holding.
the pta was taking pictures of all the kids. so cute.
didn't even ask me what to do. she marched in, put her backpack on the hook, and walked over to her teacher to ask where to sit. ok.
at least she's not embarrassed of me yet! she will always pose for my picture taking... and then right back to work.
p looks up to her big sister so much. even though she misses the play time (or i miss the play time) she has loved being my little buddy everyday. she makes sure to always pick out a treat for soph if we are at the store.
my sidekick. in the middle of a hot game of go fish. which we play every. single. day.
day 2 waiting for the bus. {you can see it in the corner}
no looking back. so ready to ride that bus alone!
and there she goes.
update after her first week: she made sure to turn around and wave at me the second time riding the bus. especially after i reminded her to never forget me! now she sits next to the window so she can wave at her mom every day. she came home this week with a fever and a cough so i guess kindergarten has been getting the best of her. she stayed home tuesday and wednesday and then went back on thursday. she tries to remember details and new friends' names so she can fill me in on all the juicy details. so far so good!
ps... i now have no idea what i'm doing on blogger. kind of reminded me why i have enjoyed the break.

























11 comments:
I thought from your pics, it looked like you were renting near where I used to live... Oregon Trail... good memories! That is so crazy that Sophie is in Kindergarten! Wow! She sounds like such a sweet little girl! That she waves now while she is the bus, she you don't have to get sad! I know thats exactly how Claire will be, so excited to take the bus at go to school. But her first day of nursery was a much different story. I hope if I ask Claire to wave to me good bye, that she will remember and not be so darn excited for her new adventure! Yeah, I still have two more years... better keep soaking her up!
Congrats on third little one! So exciting!(I'm 12 weeks pregnant too- but haven't blogged about it yet :)) I've missed your posts- please don't be a stranger! Love ya girl!
I know you are not 12 weeks pregnant... what I meant is that I'm pregnant with 3rd kid too! (Crazy how C is almost 4, but still has 2 years till kindergarten).
Sophie is just TOO gorgeous.
Love it. Miss this little lady. She is gorgeous! ...and I remember what a wiz she is with letters! ...but I'm most impressed that you have children who are capable of sitting still during FHE!
BTW, speaking from a rock heart, it gets soft and gushy with age. Maybe it's perspective?
Oh my goodness,look how long her hair is. We sure miss you guys.
Loved the updates! Kindergarten!!!! woo hoo! Congrats on the new baby to come
your girls are so cute!
Yay! Isn't it crazy that we have kindergarteners! Such a cute girl!
La-la-love it. You know I'm the opposite of you and cry at just about everything. In fact, reading your words about who Sophie has become and seeing YOUR pictures brought a little sting to my eye (although no moisture resulted). I'm going to be a total mess when Boybee starts school.
And Piper. So classic.
P.S. I totally empathize with the blogging thing. I just posted for the first time in two months. But I did really miss seeing your cute photos.
What a great update! Lots of exciting Tutt news and such big kids.
Loved your thoughts on that nasty party of motherhood called letting go. It gets me every time too! Only I AM a tearer-upper (don't know if I could call it a cryer), and I started my hate-relationship with that aspect of motherhood we all dread (you know, that part where the gorgeous things grow up so fast) when my first child was a week old newborn...It was killing me how fast she was getting bigger and I didn't have time to really enjoy it with all the busy-ness going on, or just the fact that I couldn't make time stand still or go just a little bit slower so I could hang on to my child at that moment of time just a little bit longer. So if that happened as a mere newborn, you can tell what the past 5 years have been like--let's just say I take a LOTS of pictures as my self-defense against the fast-moving hourglass of childhood.
Sophie is sooooo gorgeous. And, yes, so grown up!
Post a Comment