today i quit.
i really wanted out.
i needed a big time major break from some seriously whiny kids (whiny kids = needing more attention from mom... that's just the problem. it's a catch 22).
landen came home (actually at dinner time today) and saved me. like reeaally saved me.
i love how he immediately picks up my slack the second the words "i'm done..." exit my mouth. he picks up my slack anyways though.
he took the girls on a walk to get a pizza for dinner because i was too done to make it.
he ran around with them outside.
he brought me pinkberry (which you absolutely must try with pineapples and strawberries) after his meeting.
he did all the dishes i was too done to do.
he put the couch covers back on that i loathe doing.
he made the bed with the clean sheets.
he is absolutely the best.
{happy picnic with the girls while landen was at school all day saturday. sunny, happy day.}
to how i felt today.
i'm so thankful for the sunny days. those are definitely the ones that keep me going in this motherhood roller coaster ride. my girls really are the best. and so is my husband. i guess i just get to quit somedays though, right? i need these days to appreciate the good.
because life is good.


12 comments:
Oh sweetie....I so remember those days! Just think, soon you'll be here and I'll take those darling girlies on the days you quit!! You do have the very best husband EVER though...thank you Landen!!! Keep your chin up, it won't be long now! Love you!
hey! i was ready to quit yesterday too! glad i'm not alone. and SO glad we have such wonderful husbands that save us when we're about ready to go crazy. you're a great mom!
Yeah...you've got it good. I love posts like this. We need to remember how real motherhood is and how crazy awesome our husbands are.
By the way, Pinterest has opened my eyes to the fact that we're basically the same person. Only I'm a slightly less cute version.
oh, I know those days. especially lately. yesterday I said to mack, "did you know mommy is pregnant, tired, sick, and done listening to your whining?"
... he looked at me and said, "mommy, do you need a time out?"
yes I do, mack, yes I do.
you KNOW we all have those days, weeks, months...but then you remember that a diet coke isn't too far away and that you have really cute pink shoes and it all gets better again. that's why we take pictures of the good times, too.
oh, and when your mom can't take your girlies you guys will just come over here and we'll lock all 4 kids in a room and we'll just bake. (or craft or shop or eat or...you get the idea) now that's my kind of time-out.
hey, and what's the cute pink cup??
I feel like that all the time and with another one coming any day I think it will happen more often. Sometimes a day or evening off is all we need, isn't it? Thank heavens for husbands that save the day!
Lots of the time they're angels, but sometimes they are monsters! And just never know which personality is going to come out - that's the hard part for me. The unpredictability. I'm sorry you had a really hard day. Know that we have ALL been there. More often then we care to admit. Some days I seriously wonder if I can even handle more children in the future.
Kristen, this honestly made me cry a little (in a good way). How eloquently you put it! We all get that way, and it makes me so happy that you have someone who makes up the deficit when that time comes. Because I'm sure you do the same for him.
Isn't true love wonderful?
Bryan read this and leans over to me and says, "You and Kristen would be best friends if you lived in the same city."
Yeah....pretty sure we already established that. :)
You are incredible to have survived 4 years of dental school with kiddies...YOU'RE ALMOST DONE! HOORRAY!
You're definitely not alone, and I do the same thing when I have those days. Brett walks in and I just have to say 'I'm done' for him to recognize what kind of day it's been and that he needs to take the boys off my hands.
I'm averaging one of these a week. Except my phrase is, "I can't do this!". To which Cody says ,"Yes we can, we signed up for this". You do an incrediable job at wearing all the hats you do! Thank you for bringing the truth of motherhood out of obscurity.
Post a Comment