3.30.2010

barely there

yep. we're here. thanks for the emails/concerns. i'm glad to see that people are genuinely affected when the tutts are down and out. i've been sick since my birthday (yeah remember that was at the beginning of march). two sinus infections, one tonsilitus, other fabulous ailments i'm sure no one would ever want to hear about... and i'm hoping this is the last of it. landen has taken such good care of us i'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of full-time-mom mode. april fools better not be foolin' me this year. i quit sickness.

needless to say there have been one too many pajama days (but most days are pajama days when you have babies at home right?). we've been crafting and baking and have officially played with every toy in our household at least 30 times. spring, where are you? we'd really love to get out and see the sun on our faces. there has been tons of flooding around new england including the neighborhoods surrounding us (not us... we live on a hill). so we are really looking forward to this weekend's forecast of 70's and sun! and we get to play with cousin emmy!

a little girly proof we are alive. i'll post more pictures when i really am 100% again.

Photobucket
purse tutorial found here. and folks, if kristen can sew it, anyone can sew it.
flowers on purse tutorial found here.
clip in her hair tutorial found here.

Photobucket
sorry no tutorial for piper. (but i am planning on making these and maybe these for easter). she's just cute (notice the squidgey toes). and crazy. did i mention she's a maniac? pulls herself up on anything and then dives off. i'm getting really good at my own dive catch thanks to following her around all day. she thinks she's as big as sophie in this little bod. ps... her hair is not orange.

here's to hoping april is a healthy month.

8 comments:

Lauren vdH said...

Sorry about being sick since your birthday! No fun! Thanks for sharing the links to the cute things you made! I love the felt rose hair clip!

Jennie said...

So sad for you lady..I hate that month of sick business! I hope you feel better soon. P.S. you are a sewing maniac these days! Is there anything you can't do?

Liz said...

now i know you are alive. i wasn't convinced yet. sorry i'm not there during this years sick month to take the girlies or at least keep you company while stuck at home.

and i love the MV shirt. calvin still wears his with pride. miss you guys like crazy...

Stephanie said...

That's stinks! I feel for you. Good luck getting the healthy bug.

kami said...

i've been wondering where you've been!! i'm so sorry you've been sick. that is just the pits. i'm sending some good healthy energy your way :)

and, i LOVE that rose hair clip. i want to make one for maude on a headband as soon as i can get myself un-lazy. oh and i'll totally be checking out that purse tutorial once miss maude thinks she needs one of those! good work!

Gretchen said...

So I met this guy in the waiting room at the dental school, he was flamboyant and forty if that tells you anything. Anyway he says after asking about the baby, "I have a niece who is nine months old" So I think of Piper and then he says "She's probably as big as he is. She was 7.2 at birth and she's been growing ever since. She's probably 8lbs by now". 8lbs? At nine months? right.....
like my randomness? I'm glad you guys are on the upswing. I hope today is awesome!

Jill said...

Finally!!! A picture of my girlies! I wish I were close to help you! Speedy recovery! Hugs to you all!

Bryan and Ashley said...

OH Kri, I'm so sorry you've been so sick!!

Good work with the purse...super cute!