10.02.2009

our unproductivity

Photobucket

here's our haul from the library book sale this morning. $8 for everything. wow. i don't even think sophie knew what a vhs was but she was stuffing these in our bag as fast as she could. she cracks me up, it's like she knew just what to do. i'm totally taking her black friday shopping with me this year.

after we made our way through the masses, carrying piper in one arm (she was screaming in her carseat because she pooped all over) and her carseat and load of books/movies in the other, with sophie trailing, i could finally see what we ended up with. i think we made out pretty well (as my sis-in-law laurie would say). and last i heard 50 cent disney vhs' were still entertaining to a 2 year old, i just forgot how annoying rewinding is. (she picked out blue's and elmo and is now watching blue's while she reads a little dr. suess. that's my little multi-tasker.)

Photobucket

so i've been slacking on everything lately. like everything. i finally picked/cleaned up my house two days ago, started re-organizing clothes (piper's a giant), started clips for the craft fair i'm doing in november, decorating for fall, editing pictures, and the list goes on. usually i get so hyped up this time of year when the leaves start changing color (and they are almost to peak!!).

Photobucket
(enjoying the glow of the pumpkin lights)

it just took me a while to get going this month and it's mostly because of this one.

Photobucket

she doesn't sleep during the day. i can't complain about her 9-12 hour nights at all! i just can't get ANYTHING done during the day. she will cry for hours (trust me, i hate it) to fight sleep. as i'm writing this she is "sleep-eating" on me because i got so sick of the screaming. she's still amazingly chill and happy when she's up, she just never wants to take a nap.

i've almost given up trying to get her on a schedule. how can a three month old NOT be a sleeper? but when she finally does go to sleep, i still want to get her up and snuggle her. love this smiley girl. i guess i'll just be really unproductive while she's my baby.

Photobucket

she grabs anything she can get her hands on and it all goes straight to her mouth. like her clothes and her toys all at once.

Photobucket

still no interest in rolling over... landen and i decided our kids grow too fast for their own bodies so they have no idea how to get it all moving! that would explain sophie's extreme clumsiness. it's funny how i thought our second child hitting milestones would not be as exciting because we have already been through all of that. but it's a different kind of exciting because you get to see how each little person is so different. i love having two.

Photobucket
back to being unproductive...

8 comments:

Krissi said...

glad to hear you guys are alive over there. Landen said you guys have been a little on the sleepy side. Have a relaxing conf. weekend :)

Gretchen said...

Oh THAT's the library sale. Chris sent me a text saying there was a sale at the library but I just assumed he meant the school one. I can't believe you scored Aladdin! We can't even get that on Netflix. The only guaranteed way I know to get a baby to nap is to wake them in the a.m. before they wake themselves. There is also an E.A.S.Y method for infant routine. Eat, activity, sleep, you (as in you time). I've known that one for years but knowing it is "easier" than making it happen.
I don't know how you're able to do what you do. Just writing the list you wrote would have taken me all day.

jenniferhoiyin said...

I had no idea you had another little girl! Shows how long it's been since I looked at anyone's blogs...
I'm so happy for you, she's so beautiful. Jane's just a month younger than her, and she's the same way during the day unless I'm holding her. I get nothing done!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

nice haul with the book sale! :D

Lauren vdH said...

sorry about the no naps... that is so crazy! the only thing that helped me get Claire on a sleep schedule, was recognizing when she got sleepy. a book I read says that at 3 months, they need sleep after only 1-2 hours of being awake. If I waited too long, then she was already overtired, and thus- miserably impossible to get to sleep. you probably already know that, but just in case!
Love ya babe!

kami said...

great loot!! we got some great disney VHS's last summer for so cheap too. i need to find a library sale around here!

sorry about piper's bad sleeping habits during the day! i am amazed at how much you are able to get done despite that, seriously! hopefully she'll get things figured out soon. hopefully this is just a stage for piper and it will end! i agree trying the feed, wake time, sleep cycle too, if you aren't trying that already (i'm sure you are trying everything).

Brittany said...

Hi Kristen! My name is Brittany and I recently stumbled upon your blog, it's so cute! I love the little hair clips you make. I just had a baby boy, but when I have a girl in the future, I would love to buy some! Anyways, I really like looking at your blog, you're very creative and your pictures are great. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me what kind of camera you use as my husband and I are wanting to buy a new one and I've been really impressed with the quality of your pictures. Thanks so much! My e-mail address is: brittanycal@gmail.com.

Brooke said...

i'm so sorry about your baby not napping during the day! i could see how that would be frustrating, no matter how much you love your baby! although i really can't believe she's already sleeping so well at night. amazing.
good luck with your unproductivity.