7.15.2009

the rEAl beach (said like "reeeel")

we took a little last minute trip out to nantasket beach yesterday afternoon, also known as the real beach with real sand.

Photobucket

this guy was my favorite
Photobucket

sophie started off a little slow. we didn't even have beach garb or swimsuits on because it wasn't even that nice out and all sophie ever wants to do is throw rocks.
Photobucket

these come with us everywhere these days, even inside (peanut butter shirt and all).
Photobucket

little did we know, slowly and surely she would love the water.
Photobucket

as long as dad was holding her hand. one step at a time right?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

eventually they got to full wave kicking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

i had the best of both worlds. i didn't get wet and i got to stare at her the whole time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

we'll be sure to wear swimsuts next time. at least we know real sand now.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Ohhhhhh! Those are precious! She's a water girl, for sure! Just takes her awhile. Wish we could have had nice weather, darn. It should be me holding the Pipes!!! :) Love you ALL!

libby said...

I love it! Those yellow sunglasses are SO CUTE. I need a girl one of these days.

As for the bachelorette/sytycd, I have thoughts... oh, do I have thoughts. I think maybe I'll post those thoughts tomorrow. Maybe. :)

Kelly said...

I like the definition of squidge. Is that a "Tutt" thing? :)

Liz said...

did we never go to nantasket together? glad you enjoyed the REAL beach. and, can i get in on the bachelorette/sytycd talk?

kristen said...

definitely a "tutt" thing! ;)