4.10.2009

shades

Photobucket
we got to wear our shades all day today. and you know what that means.

sun.warm.happy.

she wore them the whole two hours of our errands. can't take sunglasses off this girl. and i'm pretty sure she thinks she's super cool when she wears them too. what do you think?
Photobucket

then we went to check on a little spot i've always wanted to take some pictures at. soph was happy, sporting some bright colors, and really wanted to "crunch" in the sticks, so we took full advantage.

i guess it's called "the yard?"
Photobucket

Photobucket
she's the best airplane spotter i know.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

so really it was just a bunch of dead grass and cattail looking things, but the sun was hitting everything for a nice glow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

then we threw rocks in the pond and we probably contracted some nasty scum disease because a splash of that brown pond hit me in the face. does that make me pond scum?
Photobucket

Photobucket

glad i decided to bring my camera along today.

and a view of my toes for good measure. :)

Photobucket



hope everyone has a happy easter weekend.

15 comments:

Jill said...

My sweet girlie!! Love all the pics! Brookie thinks you should definately enter a photo contest! Your pictures and such a darling model = WINNING!!

Jill said...

Oh, and you're NOT pond scum ha ha ha!!! and I spelled definitely wrong before, sorry spelling police!

Melonius said...

Super hip! {meaning both of you} great pics and I miss Hannafords {sniff}

Krissi said...

the yard photos are amazing, and your mom's comments are making me laugh.

Spencer and Amy said...

I seriously love your pictures! They are gorgeous! Sophie looks so stinkin cute in her sunglasses! I can't get Hayden to keep them on for more than 10 seconds. I love the picture of your toes! That is hilarious :)

Becca Openshaw said...

i love the shades

Meredith said...

I know everyone in the supermarket had 110 cute comments about Soph. Such crisp pic's, LOVE them!

Bryan and Ashley said...

We are looking at your blog and Bryan's like, "what?!? She's not seven months pregnant." Not having you around makes it seem not real. I love your pictures! And I have been organizing like you (seriously--same storage system my friend) and I'm very jealous of your labels...I so need to do that.

karla said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like The Yard is a winner.

kami said...

1. i love sophies sunglasses. 2. i love the pictures...how'd you get them to be that color? was that some way you took them or editing? because i love it. 3. i LOVE the last picture. it looks so funny! and cute.

C. Houghton said...

I just love all the pictures that you got! They turned out really cute.
I need to get out & get some cute pictures of my girls in a place like "the yard". I think they would turn out priceless.

allegra said...

the yard? never heard of it? but i'm lame like that! but hey, with the way these pics turned out i might just have to go visit:) love the grass/weed things. they make for a beautiful backdrop.

keep scoping out good photo spots, and i'll just follow you, k? i tease.

but such cute pics! such a cute Soph!

allegra said...

how far is this place from Cambridge? I tried googling it but nothing except for Harvard yard and the historical Navy Yard popped up. I think Max would have a blast looking at the airplanes too. Seriously, he's obsessed.

allegra said...

hah. thanks for the info. i'll probably never make it out there in all honesty, but i was just curious. Quincey, eh. we'll see. :)

great idea with the cereal thing in the eggs! i'll try that for next year..

audrey said...

i seriously am in love with your pix, kristen. looove.

and wait a second, if you're 7months pregnant already, i better hurry up and try and get you to take some pix of belén before this little baby comes! but maybe you're too busy getting things ready and sane for adorable baby #2. shall we wait? let me know... email me.

thank goodness for these warm happy days!!!

xoxo.