4.01.2009

oregon parts

i'm getting sick of numbering these oregon posts. so this is most likely my last one since i took an overwhelmingly ginormous amount of pictures. my bad. i should remember how much time editing takes. ;)

this is a continuation of our park day with grandpa rob. we spent some time decorating the driveway while we waited for him to get out of his meeting so we could go to lunch with grandma.
Photobucket

and i don't know why her stance in this picture cracks me up so much. she just reminds me of napoleon dynamite or something. she's probably saying "durrr..."
Photobucket

if you needed more proof that sophie is the adored grandchild on my side of the family, i think you'll get the full effect in the next few pictures.
Photobucket

my dad was all about the "daffies"
Photobucket

Photobucket

a little CPK for dinner
Photobucket

and if the weekend hadn't started good enough yet... ALLIE showed up at the restaurant! surprise! she drove 12 hours from provo just to visit us over the weekend! {not a good pic of us, but you get the picture}
Photobucket

saturday was OMSI {oregon museum of science & industry}. it sits on the river downtown so it has some cool views of the city/bridges. my family is always up for posing. posers.
Photobucket

who was blessed with the bowed-legs in this family!?
Photobucket

you wouldn't even know we are related would you?
Photobucket

and i love a good profile
Photobucket

especially when allie has a good "sneaky allie" face
Photobucket

oh yeah, here's that belly picture i was promising... muaha.
Photobucket

sophie had too much fun with her aunties. and i think they had fun back.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Kate said...

Family pictures make me so happy, even when they're of other people's families. And what models you are (especially with those fingers up the nose)!

I'm so happy you were able to enjoy some quality time with the fam. I'm still hoping to meet them one day . . .

libby said...

I love the dots picture leading up to the three girlies. So cute.

By the way, I'm framing your comment from my photoblog and hanging it on my wall. :) I'm using a Sigma 30mm F1.4. I love it for fixed settings, but I'm looking into other "out and about" lenses. Either the Canon 24-70 USM L series, or the Canon 28-105 IS L series. What are you using?

Kelly said...

I remember taking a field trip to the OMSI. Looks like you had a fun trip.

libby said...

I know, totally geeky. I'm embracing it. :)

I've loved my sigma. I wish it could get a little smaller aperture in low light situations, and the auto focus could be faster, but other than that it has been wonderful. Definitely an improvement on my 50mm 1.8, although I still use that when I'm getting really close up shots. ... this may be a stupid question, but do canon lenses work on nikon cameras? Because the 24-70mm 2.8 L series lens is supposed to be fabulous, and it usually goes for between $900-$1100. (not that that's much better...)

I say, let the geekiness continue!

kami said...

that "napoleon" picture cracks me up!! that look is priceless.

Jill said...

Grandma thanks you for all the wonderful pics!! Would you send me a CD, please! And...enjoy your last couple months of laziness and enjoy all the Sopie time you can. Hugs!

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh, I just love the Ellison bunch. It looks like you had such a fun trip. Soph just gets cuter and cuter!

And p.s. that prego pic totally doesn't count. :) You look great!! Love ya!

Spencer and Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! She looks so cute with her grandparent's :)

Krissi said...

that sophie - drrr - picture kills me everytime. I'm looking forward to haning out with that little turkey in a couple weeks :)