12.10.2008

ultimate christmas mix

i know everyone says it. i love christmas. i am the one that secretly (or maybe not so secretly) loves turning on the christmas station first thing the day after halloween to listen to some christmas tunes. you heard me right. halloween people, NOT thanksgiving. why would i waste the whole month of november when there is not a single thanksgiving song?

so this year i decided to make a "compilation" of some of my all time favorite christmas songs. so it's only appropriately called...

Photobucket
21 rockin christmas tunes... even a few new ones from 2008!
you are dying to know what's on here aren't you!?

::well i want to give this cd to you!::

in honor of the last two weeks of christmas (from tomorrow) i'll be giving away a copy of my ultimate christmas mix. i really want to share my christmas joy with you.

just leave me a comment telling me what your all time favorite christmas song is (including the singer) by midnight sunday. i'll draw a winner and send it first thing monday morning. hey i'm always looking for new favorite christmas classics!
merry christmas!

20 comments:

kami said...

i feel like i always comment first on your blog...i promise i do not stock you! i guess i have really good timing on looking at your blog or something :) anyways i love christmas music too...um we listened to christmas music in july once...shhhh. we love it that much. my favorite song is "oh holy night" by josh groban. it gives me chills.

Krissi said...

Okay, major cheezy I know, but it's just not Christmas until I hear Deck the Halls by Manheim Steamroller! It's a Tutt thing.

Emily said...

Barbara Streisand does a pretty rockin' Jingle Bells. It's something that she did awhile ago, like I'm not even sure I was born, but it is pretty hilarious how she sings it.

mom2cherreys said...

Okay I have way too many christmas faves, I am like you and listen to christmas music as soon as it comes on. The Christmas shoes is one song that always brings a tear to my eye and makes me grateful for the season of our lords birth. I'm not sure who sings it, I will get back to you on that. Every time I hear it I really appreciate the true meaning of Christmas!

Navarro's said...

You know I love me a little Mariah Carey: "All I want for Christmas". Love it!!!

Cherisa said...

I'm a big fan of "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S" sung by Perry Como (old, old, old). It was on a record my parents always played at Christmas. I can hear it now...

"C is for the Christ child, born on Christmas day; H is for the herald angels sing..."

Any chance you could get it done by Friday night??? ;)

lmk1411 said...

Pick me Pick me!!! Best Christmas song is.....

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!!!

Written by John Rox and sang by 10 year old Gayla Peevey.

Kara & Levi said...

An all time favorite in my family was by this Christian girl group called "Point of Grace". My mom went to that Christian Supply store or something that's right by the stake center on Division Street one year and found it...ohhhh not Deseret Book! Anyways the song is called "When Love Came Down" and I've heard it on the radio off and on. Look it up if you don't know it..it's sooooo GOOD! Since the majority of us have moved out, we all have purchased our own copies of the CD to have. I LOVE IT!

Bryan and Ashley said...

Haha Kristen I miss you.

Hands down...Jackson Five's Give Love on Christmas Day. I'm pretty sure Bry and I replayed that the entire way to California last year...well that and Ashley Tisdale's Last Christmas...but that's a secret. I wont admit I like that ever again if anyone asks.

Kacey and Drew said...

I might be getting too classical here, and I really do like all types of music but I have to go with the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel from his Messiah. It wasn't written as a Christmas song but it's been pretty well accepted as a Christmas classic since!

Liz said...

lol...your friend emily knows what she's talking about! barbara streisand! haha, i'm still laughing about it. i know it's already done but don't you think you could add that one as number 22?

Jaclyn said...

My new favorite is "Grown Up Christmas List" by Michael Buble. That man's voice is yummy. Merry Christmas!

Bethany said...

I always love the rockn' oldies but to slow it down a bit I love the entire CD of The Hotel Cafe presents Winter Songs, Dave Matthew's Christmas Song, and Sarah Mclachlan's song for a winters night. Ooooo, I hope I win.

The Bevans said...

I am way too indecisive to pick 'A' favorite. I'll narrow it down. Manheim Steamroller-Deck the Halls(see Krissi's) and Karen Carpenter- The Christmas Song.

The Bevans said...

And I LOVE your Christmas card picture!! You all look so good!

Laura said...

You are so creative! I love "O Holy Night" by Celine Dion. So beautiful! I love your blog, especially all your beautiful pictures. You are so talented!

Hina Schneider said...

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey love this song.

Kate said...

Ooh, I'm glad to hear my family's not the only one that starts Christmas music in October.

There really are too many to choose from. Top three: Sarah McLachlan's "Song for a Winter's Night" (not specifically Christmas, but wintery), James Taylor's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," and my recent favorite has been Harry Connick Jr.'s "I Pray on Christmas." It's big band, gospel, jazzy––all at the same time. Too bad my copy skips . . .

("I pray on Chr-Chr-Chr-Christmas-mas-mas. . .")

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

My Fav is Mariah Carey... All I want for Christmas is you......

Jennie said...

Do you know who sings "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time"? I'm pretty sure it's my fav!