SHAVED ICE!
yes you heard me right. landen and i were in the middle of cutting his hair tonight, watching extreme home makeover and they popped one of these bad boys into the new kitchen. i almost cut my finger off as i yelled, "WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" and do you know what my first thought to landen was... "i wonder if we can rig it so the flavors come out of one of the holes too." i'm already picturing this in my kitchen.
if any of you know me well, you know how important shaved ice, snowcones, 7-11 slurpees, or anything with "shaved ice" is to me AND my family. yes ANYTIME of the year. thanks to my dad, we literally grew up on that stuff. my siblings and i would all wait in the car while he would run into 7-11 and see if they had any good flavors. if they didn't, we'd drive the 15 minutes to the next one, and if they did he would give us the "secret sign." it was usually something like him standing at the window sticking his finger up his nose. then we would all jump out and run inside with him. i'm sure it cut down on a lot of buckling and un-buckling... or something like that. we always had old slurpees in the freezer to eat later. my dad even made "otter pop" tickets once where we had to earn a ticket to eat an otter pop by doing chores around the house. mostly because we could down one of those costco boxes in two days. and you KNOW my mom had the pampered chef shaved ice machine for those late-night cravings. instead of popcorn with our movies, my family usually had slurpees... ok and popcorn too.
have i driven in the point enough!? i MUST HAVE this. if you have $1800 to give to the kristen-needs-a-shaved-ice-fridge-for-christmas-fund it would be well worth every cent. i promise.

10 comments:
are you kidding me?! how great is that? can you please just splurge and get this so that i can have some too!
This post made me laugh really hard! I wouldn't mind one of those fridges myself...just think the $1800 would soon pay for itself by not having to use the gas to drive to the 7-11 to buy the slurpee's haha.
That's awesome! When we lived in Lethbridge (no I don't expect you to know where that is:) we had a store close by that had 16 different flavors, so great! So you get stuck cutting your husbands hair too hey?
wow! i love shaved ice too...that would be incredible! oh hey - and good luck to landen!
Definately getting one of these... but wait for the secret sign. hehehe.
Ah, those were funny days. Your mom would just shake her head and all I could see was eight anxious eyes peering over the seat waiting for the sign. Then when I'd give it, there would be mad chaos as you guys dove out of the car. LOL just thinking about it. Love you, Dad.
ps tell your friend Tamsen Lethbridge is a cool place, worked their for a while one summer in college. I think there's a few Ellisons there, although I've never been able to make any family link.
We just sent a very LARGE check to your fund. Hopefully it will get there, but you know how often mail gets lost. :) If you haven't received it within a week than you may be out of luck.
Oh Heaven!!!!!!!!!!! I can stop going to Costa Vida and stealing their ice (only kidding). That will look so fabulous in our gourmet kitchens with our Viking stove. Ha.
I miss you!
I LOVE that fridge. I had seen it just a couple of days before the show, in an ad some where. I love the story about your family, it is wonderful. When I was pregnant with Dominick and living in AZ where it is hotter than hades I used to get icee's all of the time, I lived off of them. So let us all know when you get one, I have $40.00 that I can contribute, if you know what I mean.......
omgosh!!
i craaaved snow cones while i was pregnant.
haha.
tyler actually went to walmart at 2 in the morning to get flavoring for homemade snow cones.
the walmart across the street was closer than the 7-11 3 miles away.
lol
although i think he regretted that one because he had to make ALOT of snow cones!
Um, yes we were actually at sears the other day ready to buy our new appliances but then the sales chic said something about the fridges were switching over and the new ones would have shaved ice and i decided we better wait! that, and we don't *technically* have a house yet...
Post a Comment