the next morning surrounded by all of her toys in her room...

her bathtub and toys...
apparently she's also regressing. great. my friend gretchen returned this shaky chair she borrowed for a few months and it looks like sophie missed it. she layed in it fully entertained for a good 20 minutes. my favorite is how her bum hits the ground in the right picture. large much?
then she decided to do some chin ups with the bars to kiss the bear. a smile of pure enjoyment.
there's always new tricks with coming home. she now walks up to the couch/lovesac/bed/anything her height, with her back against it and falls backward until she looks like this. quite the drama queen.
also a great position for doing some light reading... or coupon clipping...with the east coast mugginess we're bound to have several slurpee days. which sophie is apparently ok with. come to think of it, we'll have slurpee days no matter what the weather is like. thanks dad. she must be an ellison.



but most of all it's so GOOD to be home with dad! and now that he's done with his apex we have two WHOLE weeks of landen goodness to ourselves!



but most of all it's so GOOD to be home with dad! and now that he's done with his apex we have two WHOLE weeks of landen goodness to ourselves!some soph stats to remember:
-she learned how to "blow" like cooling down her food and blowing bubbles 24/7, even if she's not fully awake for the day. we're on our second bottle this week. she says "bub bub bub."
-she can point to her belly button, toes, and eyes, and she can actually say "eye."
-she finally stopped whining and signs "more" when we say "do you want more?"
-she says "up" when we ask if she wants up.
-she is addicted to kicking balls everywhere. she even drop kicked the ball today. her word for kick is "t-t-t"
-she has some new found guts for climbing on things and then getting off of them herself, or jumping off. yikes for me. she was all about climbing the stairs in oregon.
-she loves to take the rocks outside our "patio" and line them up on the curb. they keep away predators.
and since i have soo many good pictures from oregon, and more from this week. i'll probably be playing catch up for awhile. that is... if i can find computer time. the sun is calling my name.


10 comments:
Love the pic of Sophie in the shaky chair. We pulled Aiden's old carrier car seat out to clean when he decided it looked like a great place to hang out. He was in it all evening and insisted we rock him or he would cry. We put it out of sight once he went to bed to avoid more obsession the following day but it was cute while it lasted! Maybe I'll post a picture since I can't clip one in here...
Welcome home!
Sounds like Soph & you are very glad to be home! I love the slurpee pictures. It makes me want one with this hot weather that everyone is having! I'm glad to see all the fun pictures that you have been taking, they are so much fun.
I for sure love love love the pictures of Soph in the old carrier haha. Her bum on the bottom of the floor is so cute!
Those were the most beautiful pictures! Sophie looks adorable and the lighting is just perfect. How do you do it?
i can't believe how big she is getting! i love how she is starting to talk...i bet it is so fun! love your pictures (as always).
beautiful pictures kristin! there's no place like home, huh? ...and sophie's little smile just melts my heart
What fun pictures today! the slurpee and cupon ones are my faves. I can't wait to see you guys next month!
i'm so glad you guys got home safe!! I bet Landen is glad to have you back! Soph is so adorable! I love the slurpee pics...I'm sure your dad is proud. We NEED to talk soon!!!
you know we're glad to have you guys back! love the pics.
I bet Landen is in heaven to have his girls back. You'll have to give me some tips on how you get that amazing lighting in your picts! I'll bring my laptop to AZ. We're soo excited to see ya'll. Less than
1 month!
Kristin, we can't wait to see you guys in August! Brett and I have kind of been planning a BBQ/pool party to get everyone together while your family is down here. Would Saturday August 23rd work for you? Around 11am? Landen said he would check with his family since they have the wedding and all, but I thought I'd put the bug in your ear as well. I sure hope you guys can make it... Let me know!
Post a Comment