{side story:} i'm from oregon and basically grew up picking berries ALL summer. we grow them in our yard, blackberries grow on the side of the roads {they are weeds there}, and we have our favorite farms to pick huge flats of berries. that's just what you do. we can make berry flavored anything. unfortunately i didn't marry a berry enthusiast quite like myself, so i usually have to prod and convince him that fresh berries are a "necessity" in life. he claims he likes them but the nostalgia is not something he understands!
we took turns picking and ended up with these juicy picks...
which later turned into this... yum! the strawberry pie was delish.. the company was even better!
soph enjoyed the view. she snuck a few berries when we weren't looking. pretty sure we are still paying for that several days later... if you know what i mean. ;)
we knocked her out from berry activity... there's just nothing like a sleeping baby.
later we decided the day was just too nice, we had to hit up the beach as well. brought along the trusty point and shoot. i'm getting sick of panicking every time sophie throws sand in my direction.such a cute beach bum. the sand was finally not too hot to melt our feet.

more people watching if you can imagine that...

10 comments:
Wow what an amazing day activity. The strawberries look so delicious I feel like I can just grab them and eat them. Sophie looks so cute in her swim suit in her beach chair. Way too cute of a girl.
Oh my gosh that little swimmie is so cute! so glad we got to play a little this week, have a great trip home!
We had raspberry "weeds" growing all over our yard in Washington and I miss that here, too. But it's nice that there are some decent farms nearby to fill that void. I just wish it was as cheap as the berries from the yard [sigh] but what is anymore these days?
Lots of cute shots!
That pie looks to die for! I'm sure that convinced Landen that berry picking is a must! I love soph's swim suit! I find myself looking at baby clothes and then I realize I can't buy anything anyways since we don't know what the little peanut is going to be.
yum! i love fresh berries! that makes me want to go pick some right now!
Wow, I've had a lot of catching up to do. It looks like you're having so much fun! I just can't wait to see you guys and have Hyrum and Soph play together.
Man, you guys rock..that's all I have to say! Looks like you guys are doing SO well!! That's so awesome! (by the way, this is Travis!) :)
I have full confidence in Landen's ability to fend for himself. He's perfectly capable. Landen, let me know how it goes as I might be in the same situation come this fall around Thanksgiving.
I was just reminiscing with my dad about the blueberry, raspberry, blackberry plants we had in Oregon and how I wish I could go pick some. Great summer memories! All of your pictures look so incredible. What kind of camera do you shoot with? When I get photoshop I may have to get your phone number so I can pick your brain a little!
will you please post while you are gone or at least tell me when you do?! i don't want to have to keep checking your blog all the time. we miss you!
Post a Comment