5.31.2008

pitt

ok you are about to be hit by a ton of pictures. there are seriously like 20 on this post, and that is with me picking and choosing. i really need to cut back! we had so much fun hanging with deej and libby over memorial weekend. we shopped, ate, went to a pirates game, saw fireworks, movies, museums, a bbq, and chatted late in to the night... oh and ate some more. nothing like catching up with good friends! they were such wonderful hosts/tour guides, we miss them already!

yes there were some happy moments during the 22 hours spent in the car...
we went to the children's museum friday morning. if any of you have heard landen's impression of "hello king friday" you would know why he was extremely happy to find out that half the museum was dedicated to mr. roger's neighborhood, who is from pittsburgh. we had to have a picture in the castle! we are easily entertained...
soph was loving the lite brite...

"s" for sophie...

and i was loving this butterfly. all recycled materials, very impressive
we did a little profiling outside the museum with these super random statues...



they took us to the cathedral of learning which looked like a scene straight from hogwarts...


and we found some royalty inside...


then off to a pirates game {i think this was the first time i'd ever heard of the pirates, yes that's MLB folks} in the coolest stadium on the water
with a view of the city from the inside. followed by a fireworks show from the rooftop of the parking garage. oooh ahhh!

soph thoroughly enjoyed people watching... just like her mama!


so we got back and realized that we had no proof that we actually SAW dj and libby, except for the picture above (that's dj holding soph) and the picture below, which i officially had to crop myself out of because of how much i resembled a monster. i kid you not. landen was even laughing. and no, it wasn't dj's photography skills, it was completely my hideous face. and i normally don't really care. probably because i was sitting next to darling libby... we'll just keep it at that. so sad... we are taking more pictures of our friends rather than our child next time promise!soph was in love with reggie. such cute playmates.
and in no way does that ever mean we will be getting a dog for her to play with. she'll have to get used to soft plush stuffed dogs for the rest of her life. :) of course no reflection on reggie.
and if you can remember this far back, i have to log this all down. for those of you who know my dad, i'm definitely the daughter of rob ellison. what can i say. it just runs in my blood. soph has now been in like 16 something states. i'd say she's off to a good start!

closest we've come to new york city. we'll get there. and yes we passed through scranton, pa. home of the office. we had to document that! are you sick of us yet? i think my drugs are kicking in... definitely time to get over this sickness.
oh but WAIT! one more thing. my best friend ashley had her sweet baby boy caden yesterday. you have to see him here. he's so sweet! we're so proud of you ash! congrats! he was born on my SIL krissi's b-day! so happy birthday to you both!!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Yay!! Your little family is so cute. And so is your blog. You are so good at it. I can't wait to get the clips. I love having things that no one else has. :) Did I pick good stuff? If there is something that you think is cuter, please swap it. With pictures it is hard to tell sometimes. Thanks for letting me read.

karla said...

Love that cathedral!

The Bevans said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had fun and survived such a long drive with Soph!

Cherisa said...

The Children's Museum looks fabulous! I really like the one in Portland, too. And the cathedral of learning looks pretty impressive, too. Glad you guys had fun!

BTW... The pool is open so if you need a brake from the heat and want to come dip in the water, just give me a buzz or email!

Patrick said...

Wow, I didn't know DJ married Libby! She and I had a bunch of classes together at BYU. I wish you would put on a video of Landen's King Friday imitation--it's classic!

Hina Schneider said...

Wow what a trip. Seems very exciting especially for all the places you visited and seeing DJ and Libby. Its been a while since weve seen them but hopefully we can see them and yourselves some time soon. Spohie looks super cute just like she always does.

Bryan and Ashley said...

OH what a fun trip!!! I died laughing when I saw the Mr. Rogers stuff-that is awesome...I totally remember the king and the train. Sophie is so cute in all her little outfits! Thanks for the message Kri--you are the sweetest! I didn't know it was Krissi's b-day too! We miss you guys--(I was having sleep deprivation and about to call you the other night to cry about it--until I realized it would have been like 2 am your time.) I hate being so far apart! Love you tons!