besides being silly...

besides healing from war wounds...
{side story. sophie hated that swing when she was teeny. like screaming bloody murder until i got her out. we thought we wasted 90 bucks on it. and now i think completely different. only took 11 months!... the black eye was a sad day. she flipped the tray up and fell out smack on her little cheekie. can you tell old camera from new?}

besides being highly dramatic...

we found TILLAMOOK!! {soph and i have been treking} yes that's cheese from home sweet home oregon. yes i've searched high and low for it, getting weird looks from grocery people when i pronounce it for them. yes it only comes at one grocery store here. yes you can only find it hidden in the special deli section. yes it only comes in 8 oz. increments. yes it costs $5.69 for all 8 oz. yes i bought two. was it worth it?
OH YES! it tasted like home! i just sat in my kitchen and savored all of it's goodness. i think i ate half the cube, but come on... i'm used to those costco 10 lb. blocks or whatever. oh i'm in heaven. it's gonna be a good month. and i'm going to LAST on the east coast. now if i could just find nalley's chili... :)

10 comments:
ha! kristin, i had to comment b/c i LOVE tillamook cheese too! they had all kinds of that cheese when we lived in boise, and we loved it. boston has all these "fancy" cheeses selling that i don't give a darn for and could care less about. now do share, where did you find it?!
good old shaw's! and i'm so excited you understand my excitement!
I remember when we made our first Costco run here and they had NOT TILLAMOOK CHEESE!!! Not even REAL cheddar, but stinking WHITE CHEDDAR!!! It took me a while, but I finally found the big bag of shredded cheddar at Sam's...two years later!
you know i am so happy now. even sitting in texas all by myself (boo hoo) i am so happy to hear the news of the cheese. any tillamook ice cream?
it's crazy that you can't get those yummy things out there! i'm glad you found some tillamook though. okay and i just went to sign up for the jessica sprague class and guess what? it's full!! dang it. i waited too long. i will just have to take her next one though...i'm kinda bummed!
YES that is going to make my day, I just went grocrey shopping but dont worry I will make a special trip just for the cheese. which shaw's did you go to?
the one in braintree by michaels. and you know i went to michaels too. :)
I know that craving for Tillamook cheese. . . ahhh. . I love their curds. They're the best
I'm a huge fan of Tillamook, too, but I can't bring myself to pay the prices for it here. It's almost cheaper to have my mom buy some in Portland and ship it out here next day (and she totally would if I asked). But that's a little extreme, too.
Oh what these East Coast people don't know they're missing!
OK!! Who wants me to ship them Tillamook??? I figure we can fit 3 5 pound blocks in a flat rate box for $8.95. Kristen paid $6 for an 8 oz block!! The 5 pound blocks are $4.95 at WinCo here! So if 3 of you go in together, you could get your beloved Tillamook for a steal!!
Post a Comment