4.16.2008

little miss eleven months

so i was standing on the "t" today (subway in boston... yes i know shocker, more on that later), and it hit me. sophie is eleven months today! i feel like i used to count down until the next "month birthday" but now it's definitely starting to slow down. is it because next month i officially have a one year old? or because having a one year old makes me feel old? or because my whole life i've only dreamed of everything up until having that one year old? so now what...

this is practically the only slight smile i caught during the day. she's on a new kick of serious faces whenever i bring out the camera. but oh how we love that smile when we catch it!

so i was rubbing my face {yes i'll admit it} in her chubby little arms and neck this morning thinking... i never want this to go away! happy eleven months soph! some of soph's favs this past month have been:
  • playing catch and cheering every time she "throws" the ball
  • clapping for anything and everything
  • waving "hi" not "bye" to anything and everyone
  • eating everything constantly
  • playing chase in circles crawling around the couch
  • pushing every button on anything that ever had a button
  • pulling everything out of mom's purse and throwing, and/or eating it
  • pulling her socks off to throw/chase them around in her crib
  • squeezing all food to see "what happens" when it squirts through her fingers
  • attempting to take a few steps if we can cheer and clap at the end
  • climbing up on anything climbable
  • high-fives with the boys
  • dramatically rocking to the "beat"
  • pinching our noses to hear the "piggy" snort
  • pulling out all the wet wipes and sucking on them... yep disgusting

11 months later... i finally got one thing done in soph's room!

we went on a little walk around boston today, as soon as i'm done editing, i'll post some pics!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! 11 months! That scares me how fast babies become toddlers. I think when you get to the 'I want her to be a little baby forever' is when you decide to add another baby to the family. You can never get enough of little babies!

brenna said...

Her room is SO cute! You will have to come decorate my house. If i try to do it, my poor children will have very ugly rooms...

Hina Schneider said...

Super cute decor for Sophie's room. Your very talented and creative. I give you tons of props.

Kelly said...

I haven't commented for awhile but I seriously think you have the coolest blog out there. I love all of your pictures, ideas, and digi scrapping. Thanks for keeping me entertained!

kami said...

kristen i cannot believe sophie is going to be one!! that is crazy...it really seems like just yesterday you were pregnant and i was wishing i was :) now look where we are! i love sophie's room - i want to see more pictures!

allegra said...

sorry i missed you guys at the gardens today:) but i love what you did with her room. how cute is that?! time goes too fast!! her birthday is just around the corner and then she'll be full on walking and a toddler. bitter sweet. she is so cute.

Jill said...

Happy 11 months to our little Sophie! She's growing up so fast! I love the letters, they turned out soooo cute. More pics!

Bryan and Ashley said...

I seriously cannot believe it's been almost a year since I came to the hospital to meet Soph! And I really cannot believe I'm going to be in the same situation almost a year later :) Sophie's room is soooooooooo cute--can you please come do my wall hangings. I miss you!!!!!

Cherisa said...

That one year mark is exciting! We're close to the TWO year mark and I feel very much the same as you do. Where does the time go???

tawna said...

Wow! Congrats, old Sophie! :)

Okay. You have serious skills. What are those square/rectangles made of? I assume fabric...are the tacked on a board or something? Let's see pictures of the whole room! Man. Im so impressed. You are amazing!!