10.22.2007

leaf lovin

we had quite the "fallish" weekend here in boston. besides the fact that it is still in the balmy 70's around here, the colors are beautiful! i'm loving this late summer in new england. i think someone knew i needed it before the long winter i keep hearing about.
i have been dying to make carameled apples. i think anyone i talk to knows this... including landen. so he made a mad dash to the grocery store saturday night to grab a few "things" while i was putting sophie to bed. he came back with *surprise* granny smith apples and caramel! (i know i know... techically on the east coast you are supposed to go apple picking, but we were in a hurry). i just happened to have some white chocolate on hand so we added that to our concoctions and voila! oh my deliciousness- i wanted to do it all over again the next day. good thing we only bought 2 apples. they were not the prettiest things you've ever seen but i tried to capture all the caramely goodness.

i was also dying to drive up to new hampshire to try and capture all of the fall foilage "peak" season discussed on the news. (yes i'm a geek). so we took a little sunday afternoon drive, sophie got a nice nap, and we got a nice view! we missed the peak season by about a week but we did find little route 102 that was amazing! look at this perfect leaf-covered road!

i guess i'm now an avid leaf collector. they are drying in books as i speak. maybe they will even make their way into frames!

10 comments:

Liz said...

haha! i love that you finally made your caramel apples although i still think we need to do that with the girls. i have a feeling you'll be up for that!

kami said...

wow! that is a perfect leaf-covered road - it looks so gorgeous! and your apples look professional - i wish i could taste them through the picture, haha! i'll have to make some sometime!

Krissi said...

Carmel apples are so delicious! You have inspired me to make some this week.

Jill said...

Yummm! Brookie made some the other night! You've inspired me to take some tree pictures. Ours are the brightest reds and yellows I've ever seen here in good 'ol Oregon. I'll post some tomorrow! Miss you tons! Hugs!

libby said...

I have to be honest, I've been reading your blog often, and I never comment... sorry. But I love it! Sophie is so cute, and you always have cute little inspiring ideas! Anyway, I wrote about your blog on my blog... is that stalkerish? check it out if you want... www.libndeej.blogspot.com

Bryan and Ashley said...

How pretty!!!! It is soooo gorgeous there! Can I be expecting some of those carmel apples in my mail box? :) (And yes we are totally bffs that shirt is def from Forever 21!) Love you!

kami said...

question: do you just use adobe photoshop to do your digital scrapbooking, or do you have a program? i found a way cute digital scrapbooking store but i think it's just for when you use photoshop...i guess i didn't think of using photoshop for scrapbooking...anyways, just curious if that's what you are using!

Meredith said...

Liz said it, I think "apple decorating" will be our next girls night out activity. I love the fall too, great pictures!

Kara & Levi said...

Ask Landen if he knows a guy at school named Jonathan Heaton??? He is one of Levi's good friends whose going to dental school there too. Just wondering! And by the way, the leaves are b-e-a-utiful.....it makes me want to live on the east coast. Only for a while though :)

Sara said...

Isn't fall in New England great!? We are really enjoying it so far. It was nice to see your blog and think of the old ward. I hope things are going well.

Sara Redd