PAY IT FORWARD: i will send a handmade gift to the first three (3) people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days! the only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. (so, you must have a blog to participate.) i can't wait to see who I will be giving to. to join, just cut and paste and comment away. so get posting.
on a much sadder note...
i had to take soph to her 4 month appointment today. i didn't know if they were going to give her her immunizations at the appointment or if i had to take her to a clinic. so of course i didn't drug her up on baby tylenol before we went. she screamed the second we got to the dr.'s (yes even waiting for 20 minutes in the waiting room) all the way until after the shots. it was a total of an hour and a half screaming in the dr.'s office. i was almost to tears myself considering i had to watch 4 shots go into her little leggies. i hate that more than she does. on top of all that, the receptionist was new and had no clue what was going on, (i miss ashley as my front desk girl) it took her 15 minutes to get some warm water for sophie's bottle, i think i was the only white, american patient in there, the dr. barely spoke english, and i got blood all over me because the nurse insisted that a lot of babies don't even bleed when they get shots so she didn't put bandaids on until after i picked her up. well my baby bled from all 4 places! and now i get to rip all 4 bandaids off later! ok... i'm feeling slightly better now that i got that out there. luckily soph has been sleeping the past hour, i hope she still loves me when she wakes up. and yes- we will most likely be finding a new dr. next time.
sophie's battle wounds...
8 comments:
all right, i'm in! I never do this stuff either but my crafting gene is starting to kick in lately plus i have a feeling you make really cute stuff :D sorry the doc was so traumatic, better luck next time!
Man! Rough Stuff! Im so sorry about poor little soph! a) I cant believe they didn't put band-aids on. They ALWAYS put band-aids on. b) I can't ever watch when they do the shots. It's too heart breaking. c) One thing- at least you didn't have to witness a circumscision! (sp?) That was THE most traumatic day of my entire existence. I had to leave the room before it even began, and I was in tears the whole time. *shudders*
We miss you! Put up some pictures of your apt, oh great decorator! :D
Man! Rough Stuff! Im so sorry about poor little soph! a) I cant believe they didn't put band-aids on. They ALWAYS put band-aids on. b) I can't ever watch when they do the shots. It's too heart breaking. c) One thing- at least you didn't have to witness a circumscision! (sp?) That was THE most traumatic day of my entire existence. I had to leave the room before it even began, and I was in tears the whole time. *shudders*
We miss you! Put up some pictures of your apt, oh great decorator! :D
Man! Rough Stuff! Im so sorry about poor little soph! a) I cant believe they didn't put band-aids on. They ALWAYS put band-aids on. b) I can't ever watch when they do the shots. It's too heart breaking. c) One thing- at least you didn't have to witness a circumscision! (sp?) That was THE most traumatic day of my entire existence. I had to leave the room before it even began, and I was in tears the whole time. *shudders*
We miss you! Put up some pictures of your apt, oh great decorator! :D
Kristin,
I don't know what your insurance plans are for while you are in school but if you are planning on putting Sophie on state care put her on the school insurance first for at least the first semester so that you can find/pick any doctor you want. Once a child is an established patient the doctor must continue to treat them regardless of what insurance they have. My husband does health policy along with med school so I have to hear about this stuff all the time :) Shots are the worst! My daughter hates the nurse. When she sees her walk in she always starts to scream...so doctor's appointments are always a sad affair.
sad story! sophie looks really cute though. i would get in on this "pay it forward" thing but i don't have the time or resources to do anything!! maybe after graduation! by the way...if it's a girl, she'll definitely be sophie's friend :) you're right - we're in need of girls around here!
Can I get in on the PIF? I've been wanting to get in on the blogging swap goodness for a while.
I want in on the PIF!!
Post a Comment